Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cease and Desist Letter

For anyone who is attempting to settle a debt or re-negotiate with your lender or credit card company. Use the following Cease and Desist letter. Send your letter via Certified Mail Receipt – you can confirm delivery right from the USPS website.

If you have any question, please don’t hesitate to call me personally 623-252-0545.

Date

Company Name

Address

City, State, Zip

Pursuant to my rights under Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), 15 U.S.C. and Section 805. regarding Communication with Debt Collection, and specifically Section 805(c) Ceasing Communication. I am now demanding that you cease and desist communication with me, as well as my family and friends, in relation to this and all other alleged debts you claim I owe. You are hereby notified.

If you do not cease immediately I will file a formal complaint with my State Attorney General’s office so they have a copy on file. Additionally a copy of all notifications including this one will be mailed to the Federal Trade Commission due to your violation.

<>

Attached are records to prove you have received the first notice. You are breaking the law and my Attorney will pursue you from this point.

Sincerely,

<>

Name

Address

No comments:

Post a Comment